International Blues Challenge
For 29 years, the Blues Foundation has sponsored the annual International Blues Challenge (IBC), usually held in late January. Member blues societies around the world hold local competitions to decide who will represent them at the IBC in Memphis, Tennessee.
This year, the Rainy Day Blues Society will choose a blues act to represent us at the International Blues Challenge. Our competition date will be announced soon. Applications are now being accepted!
- Solo, duo, or band
- Electric or acoustic
- At least one entrant in group must be a member of the Rainy Day Blues Society
- At least half of the members must live in Oregon
- No act or member of any act may have competed in any other IBC event this year
- An act may not include a board member or officer of the Rainy Day Blues Society
How to Submit an Entry:
Mail to PO Box 11049, Eugene OR 97440 a packet containing the following:
- List of the act’s members, including names, instrument(s) played, and places of residence,
- Stage plot
- Bio of at least 75 words and not to exceed 200 words
- High-resolution photograph suitable for reproduction or a scanned photo of at least 300 dpi in a .jpg format
- CD with up to six songs performed by the act or link to EPK.
- Name of principal contact for the act and an alternate with mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail
Judging, Selection of Finalists, and the Finals:
Acts will be scored in four categories (Blues Content, Talent, Originality, and Stage Presence) by a three-judge panel of music professionals. Winners may be named at the event or finalists may be selected for a run-off. Finalists or winners will perform at the Willamette Valley Blues & Brews Festival.
- 2010: Vicki Stevens Band; Brian Chevalier; Po O'Hara
- 2009: Adam Scramstad
- 2008: Al Rivers